Hi, wanna ask if we can bring our stroller up the plane ? First time bringing my 9 months old baby overseas .. going to Chiangmai in December via Silkair.. I need to bring my stroller .. anybody knows if i can bring stroller up the plane ? Can't possibly check in the stroller, right ?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, yes you can check in your stroller. When you are at the check-in counter, inform the staff that you would like to check in your stroller. They will ask if you want to drop it off at the check-in counter or at the gate itself. Since you need to use it in the airport, choose to drop it off at the gate. They would just tag it at the check-in counter and once you are at the gate, you would need to clear the gate security and typically you would leave your folded stroller at the door on the aerobridge. Ask the staff there as to where you should leave your stroller for them to collect and load on to the plane. Hope this helps.

Read more
7y ago

Thanks for sharing :) I think I will Still bring my stroller and see how things go .. especially it will be useful when baby need to nap in the stroller

I brought my lo to taiwan when he's only 4mths. Took Tigerair, so i didnt bring his stroller that time. The fee is actually $50 for them to 'fly' the stroller tgt with u. But need to check in and inform them beforehand. Regretted not to bring, cause totally cant have peace shopping. Hence bought one stroller at taiwan, and when i came back to sg, paid the $50 for them to check in the stroller, in the end, when reached home, one of the stroller wheels drop off. Either the quality is that bad or something went wrong when they check in the stroller.

Read more

If you have cabin size stroller, you can bring it onboard(into the plane and stow it in the overhead compartments) If you have a non cabin size stroller, you can either use the stroller up till you reach the aerobridge(before board the plane) and leave it there, the airport staff will bring it and stow it in the cargo, you will pick it up again at the same place(aerobridge) when you arrive. Otherwise if you are not using the stroller at the airport, you can check in the stroller at the check in counter and pick it up at the Conveyer Belt.

Read more
VIP Member

Only cabin sized strollers e.g. babyzen yoyo can be brought up the plane. If it is too big e.g. umbrella fold type, need to check in. I'd suggest to bring a carrier instead of stroller. Most countries do not have very good pavements and it is next to impossible to roll anyway. Edit: just saw you mentioned you are going to chiangmai. Strongly advise not to bring stroller. You literally can't use it there due to the condition of the pavements and the stroller ends up being just another white elephant to lug along with your luggage.

Read more

I don't think anywhere in Thailand is stroller friendly unless u are going to be in the malls. I think it is also better for u to bring a hardy stroller - something that u don't mind having it get a few hard knocks because yes they will be just throwing it like the luggage and turbulence and stuff like that. Try babywearing on the hips or on the back - it gives baby more view so they may be more acceptable to it (by now they want to look everywhere) and them being heavy - only hip and back carried are feasible for long periods

Read more
7y ago

Oh Mann... cos I've given away my baby carrier since he doesn't like it .. here in Singapore , we will always bring him around in stroller.. sigh.. then shall I still bring a stroller ?? Headache

U can either check in or bring it all the way to just before boarding the plan, when they scan ur boarding pass, then they will collect n tag from u. So there is no need for u to literally bring up to the plane( like hand carry) But Thailand itself is not pram friendly, u sure u want to bring ur pram along ?

Read more
7y ago

Cos my baby doesn't like to be babywear plus he is v heavy .. so stroller will save me from Having aching arms .. Chiangmai also not stroller-friendly?

VIP Member

Yes, you can bring stroller up to air bridge and leave it for the crew. They will keep it for you and return when you reach your destination

Yes you can . ILl be flying with my 9 months three weeks from now and Will be bringing his stroller as well

VIP Member

Chiangmai is only stroller friendly in malls. Hard to use stroller along pavements, even from hotel to main street.

VIP Member

Would definitely recommend a carrier for Thailand as well. Stroller was pretty hard for us to navigate

5y ago

It's true enough..