Where to check in stroller for flight

Hi mummies, if we are bringing along cabin size stroller for our flight, do we need to check in at the baggage area (where we usually check in our luggages) or can push till hallway towards flight door, fold them and ask the stewardess where to place them ? First time taking flight with baby. Taking air asia

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Check with the airline when u check in, whether u can keep in the baggage compartment in the plane or u need to check in. For check in, there are 2 ways, either checkin the stroller at checkin counter or u can use all the way to boarding gate. For me, I prefer to checkin my stroller despite it being cabin sized. So far most full carrier aircrafts like SQ and Qantas allowed me check in at the boarding gate. And at certain destination airports like NZ, they even have ur strollers ready to be collected just as soon as u step out of the plane. Aussie doesn't though, so had to collect at the baggage area. When I went to Korea recently via Scoot, they didn't allow to check in at the boarding gate cz it's a full flight so I had to check in at the checkin counter to ensure it gets transported. They explained tt if I check in at the boarding gate they scared it might not make it into the flight 🤷‍♀️

Read more

Not sure for AA (do check with them), I’ve tried SQ. For flights from SG, you can push all the way to flight door, fold then put in plastic (given when you check in luggage) then FS will keep for you. For flights back to SG, they collected my stroller at the boarding gate and pack the stroller to load on board instead of collecting at the flight door.

Read more
TapFluencer

might differ