Does C Section require fasting?

Does c sect requires fasting?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

yes, 8 hour before the surgery, and for my case until the next morning 😶my gynae said afraid I will vomit, first I only allowed to hv apple juice or red date tea, if not vomit she will tell the nurse to gave m milo, and the next morning can hv porridge for breakfast, but somehow I didn't feel hungry, I only want to eat something nice after fasting for so long (but not hungry)

Read more

Here's an useful article on c-section: http://sg.theasianparent.com/ask-the-expert-special-on-c-sections/ You will be required to fast for 6 hours because of the anesthesia that will be administered.

Read more

I fasted for 10 hours (c-sect with epidural). I rem after the vigorous shake, I was feeling so hungry but was denied for food. Had to starve for another few hours before I was given food.

8y ago

I kept begging for food. But wasn't given any until green light from gynae. He calmly told me " you are on drip. You r not starving."

Yes. Min 12 hrs if I recalled correctly. This is just in case u vomit during surgery or after dat. The feeling is terrible. Pls follow wat is being told to avoid complications.

Read more
8y ago

During surgery will vomit ??? Then the wound how ??? Will be pain or not???

I was told to fast for 8 hours before C-sect. Also, an hour before the surgery, the nurse inserted enema for me to clear my bowels.

VIP Member

yes. Fast for 8 hours . and after my csec i 36 hours then can eat porridge :( I had been on hold for drip for 36 hours..

VIP Member

Yes. They want to avoid you vomiting during and after the surgery.

Yes 8 hrs before

8 hrs before

Yes have to