Very anxious. Tmr first time I need to bring my two kids out alone cos my elder child (5 years old) needs to attend enrichment classes and my hubby is not in Singapore. Out for work trip. No other help. Need to be out from morning 830 to afternoon 3pm. I wonder how to go toilet alone with a 5 year-old and a 10 month-old who can't walk yet :( dunno if this is a silly question but I can't possibly ask my 5 years old to keep an eye on my baby in stroller.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How about put baby in carrier instead and don't use stroller? Or bring both stroller and carrier which is what I sometimes do. So at least I can be hands free if I need to. Is your stroller the very easy to fold up kind? If so then when you wanna go to the loo you can put baby in carrier and bring the stroller to the loo?but you will have to wear a skirt to be able to go loo with a carrier :) actually your 5 yo can look after baby for a while inside the loo while you are inside the cubicle? Just keep talking to your 5yo to make sure they are ok and quickly finish up your business. At the place where you are going does the toilets have those seating for babies inside the cubicles?

Read more
8y ago

My menses jus came too :( sob.. Tmr sure v heavy flow :(

Hi mummy, its not a silly question. My hubby is a frequent traveller and I have 2 kids too. Have been bringing them out since after confinement in the baby carrier. If Aunty Flo is here, it's easier to go to the toilet if u wear a skirt. If there is no carrier u can push the pram into a handicap toilet. Last resort, leave the pram outside cubicle if the pram doesn't fit into small cubicle n carry baby in with you. Always bring the carrier n pram until your baby is comfy with one of them. I've switched my baby to the pram as it's less taxing on my back. Lastly good luck.

Read more

I second the carrier method as I sometimes out w less than 6 month old baby by myself for more than half day and I just wear the baby w me every where including the toilet. If I were u, I would look out and use the handicap toilet whenever possible so that baby and boy can go in with me without feeling squeeze. I believe there will be kind souls in the toilet if u really need, they can see the stroller (if u bring that) and ur 5yo outside ur cubicle (in case u need longer). All the best! There's always a first time

Read more
8y ago

To make matters worse, my menses jus came :( tmr second day sure very heavy flow :(

I baby wear my 11 month old baby. And i hold my 3 year old hands. i also have a harness which is attached to my toddler hand along with mine. I usually go to the handicap toilets if i need to pee.

Choose to go to shopping Malls where there is the combi seats in the toilet. Eg Raffles City basement. For me I ask my 5 year old to wait outside while my 5 month old is in the combi seat. :)

Post reply image

My 5yo will help look after younger one while I quickly Pee. I will keep talking to my gal to make sure she is still outside the cubicle

You can use the handicap toilet. Whenever my sister has all 3 kids with her, she uses the handicapped toilet.

VIP Member

i will use those handicapped toilet. My younger will be babyweared and my elder sit stroller.

I will use the handicapped toilet so that I can bring my stroller in