Ask the Expert Series: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101

We are back with yet another Ask the Expert Series. In celebration of Earth Day happening on 22 April, our expert this week is Ambaree Majumder: Mother of 2, Social Entrepreneur, Speaker and Educator on Plant-based Lifestyle. Don't forget to leave your questions in the comment section, to have your burning questions answered about Veganism! Topic: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101 Date: Thursday, 16 April 2020 Time: 8.30pm to 9.30pm

Ask the Expert Series: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101
28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How do vegan children handle social situations like a birthday party or an event where there is less or no vegan options?

4y ago

Hey Chervy :) It is true that vegans, children and adults alike, sometimes face problem with food availability at restaurants, airports, flights and even at private parties. At such junctures, it is totally up to the individual what they prefer to do. For example, when I was 8 months pregnant with my first child I had to take flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia. The flight did not offer services to pre-book meals. Since the flight duration was really short, I did not think much. However, due to bad weather the flight got delayed by about 4 hours after we had already boarded the flight. I was pregnant and needed to eat but the airline offered chicken and fish only. After a thought or 2, I opted for rice with chicken curry and I ate it. I could not bite the meat pieces because that made me sick but I mixed the rice and curry! Similarly, when my daughter faces a situation where there is no vegan option available like at a friend's birthday party, she decides what she