Baby Food

Usually how many months can baby start to eat food? What do u all give

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

The guidelines say around 6 months. Some babies are able to start earlier (4-6 months), but they need to have good head control, be able to sit up (at least supported), and be interested in taking solids. I prefer the traditional weaning of starting with fruit/vegetable purees and baby cereals.

4mths onwards can start to give like fruit purees. But usually people wait till their babies are 6mths old. Start with veg and fruit purees. Or can try those convenient organic flavour pouches you can easily find in supermarkets i.e Only Organic, Little Freddie, Bellamy's., Hipp.

Post reply image
5y ago

is it able to give fresh fruit purees? like apple etc

VIP Member

last time most puree labelled 4mths old. i gave them at 4mths old. 1st try on the jar/pouch puree. lately most on shelf jar/pouch puree labelled for 6mths old... i start my baby on 5mths old. as what pd advised. can try food when baby can sit

VIP Member

after 6 months, can give puree from fruits or veggie. last time I steam butternut squash then make it into puree, or else I buy those snow peas take the peas out of pod after steam it then grind and filter it

4 to 6 months but best to consult your pd on this. Best is always 6 months just in case. Start with foods that are highly unlikely to have allergies so like sweet potatoes, pumpkin, potatoes and so on.

VIP Member

when baby can sit up unassisted is normally the sign that baby is ready for solids. or when baby is 6 months old. my kid started eating v little carrots puree and cereal at 5.5 months old.

VIP Member

6 months onwards. I started my boys with pureed foods in the beginning. E.g. potato, pumpkins. You can google for recipes for more ideas on balanced meals for children when they are older.

started at 6 to 7 months. recommended to start only after 6 months. I did baby led weaning so started with sliced apples, pears, peaches, avocado, banana, broccoli.

TapFluencer
VIP Member

I start giving my som when he is 5 months old apple puree. Usually when thw baby can sit up by himself or herself, you can start to give some puree to start off with 😊