Used to pump both breast about 120ml of milk. This morning only a few drops. Nt even 20ml for both. Anyone knows what happened? How do i boost milk supply again?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did you have any lump or blocked ducts past few days? Breastfeeding is based on supply and demand. The less frequent the breasts are empty; your body will take it that your baby need less milk and regulate it accordingly.

7y ago

Yes, past few days having painful ducts and lumps. Finally cleared all the ducts and nw the supply drops

VIP Member

Yes pump more often and longer. It won't have result immediately. Need time for your breast to regulate the supply

VIP Member

It's normal for the milk supply to drop after your ducts been cleared. Pump more often for now. drink more fluids

7y ago

If pump more supply will increase? Cox i tried 2hourly still droplets only, managed to only pump 20ml.

what did you eat recently? how long has this been going on for? continue to do power pumpimg or direct latch.

7y ago

Only different thing was that i took alcohol that day, today considered 3rd day

VIP Member

do power pumping! did you eat any milk killer ?

7y ago

What is power pumping? The only different thing i had ytd was alcohol. I drank and slept throughout didnt pump ytd night. Till nw the breast is still soft, nt much milk.

Menses coming ?

7y ago

Jus delivered 11days only