I am at my 1 week plus confinement and few days back I can pump like 80ml for both side of breast and suddenly my supply drop dramatically and now I can only pump 20ml to 40 for both. I am so sad that I cannot produce milk for my LO. Any mummies encounter this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You have to drink a lot of water, eat plenty of meat, veg and especially fish. All these will give u very good supply of milk intake. There were times my milk supply dropped as I was busy attending to my baby and didnt diligently drink or eat well. After that, my CL made papaya fish soup and black beans soup every other day and I got to finish big big bowls of soup and my yield was super good. So don't give up!

Read more

Are you having sufficient rest? Lack of sleep can cause a drop in supply. Besides that you also need to increase your liquid intake daily. I would say at least 3 litre of water (red date tea, soup, tonic etc). Besides that, you need to be very diligent in pumping. If you're pumping exclusively, you will need to pump every 3 hours to increase and maintain supply. Hope this helps.

Read more