Cold drinks

Is it true that drinking cold drinks during first trimester will weaken the womb?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have an elderly grandma who always nag at me when I take cold food/drinks. Not that it will weaken the womb but baby might get asthma or cold easily. Best to take in moderation. I like cold drinks too. What I did was to take it from refrigerator & leave it outside on the table for 5-10mins before consume. So that its still cold but not that cold for our stomach.

Read more

Nope but I prefer taking warm drinks cos my mom says too many cold drinks not good for the baby. I just follow haha no harm following and not troublesome also. But on really hot days, I’ll definitely get a cold drink :)

Heard from coll that its not good cos “cooling” but not heard about weakening the womb. But i really love cold drinks and helped with my morning sickness during the first trimester!

Nope but when I was pregnant I often hear from older colleagues that it might cause womb to be cold etc

VIP Member

Cold drinks help me with morning sickness. I think everything in moderation is ok.

VIP Member

I don't think so, but tend to stick to warm drinks throughout pregnancy

Yes but please have in moderation

in moderation should be fine...

VIP Member

Just drink in moderation

No. No science proven.