Drinking cold drinks during pregnancy

Hi fellow mummies! This is my second pregnancy and I’ve been drinking cold drinks (green tea/ cola/ sprite) every meal since T1. I even have to drink cold plain water, cus cold drinks help with my nausea. I’m worried will it affect my bb, now at 13w. Didn’t drank as much cold drinks during my first pregnancy, only occasionally. Now is everyday… how how how :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm at 15weeks... and it happens to me too... earlier I still try to control till I keep thinking of it day and night till I cannot tahan then I go by drinking a bit till 1 can a day (but still try to drink 1 mouth then put it back in the fridge). 🤣 b4 pregnant I always control not to take cold drink and ice cream because of taking tcm med but now it seems like no point taking tcm med along w cold cravings. 🤣

Read more
7mo ago

I checked with my gyne and she said it’s ok just drink, even with ice one also can just drink. She said when the drink travel down to our tummy and to the baby it’ll already become warm 🤣 but yeah everything in moderation!

Drinking cold is fine. Think you have to be more concerned of what you’re drinking (green tea/Cola/sprite) rather than the cold drink. Fresh juices and water is better mummy! ☺️

Omg we are exactly the sameeeee … I was feeeling so guilty .. if it’s just cold water it’s fine but I keep drinking cold sweet drinks 🙃🙃

I also liddat. Haha. So far still okay. I still drinking cold water