Is it too young to start toilet train at 17 month old ? My dad keep ask me remove her pamper at home n let her trained Cos the way she walk open leg is due to wearing pampers.. ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are many old folks that start toilet training since newborn! even some confinement nannies will do it - bring newborn to potty to pee and pee by making the shh shh and ngg ngg sound. If you're in Taiwan, alot of children are toilet trained by 1, so it is possible, however the key is consistency. You will need to bring your child to the toilet very often, you will need to be prepared to clean all the mess made, and you will also need to be prepared it may take a long time and not succeed. For me, I took the easy way out. Waited for my children to be ready (both boys at 2 1/2 years old). My no1 was off day diaper in 2 weeks, night diaper by 3 yrs old. My no2 was better, the day we put on the underwear for him, he has never had any accident, and totally off day and night diaper 1 week after that. So it's really up to you your preferred method.

Read more

Hi, I think if your baby is able to sit nicely without support and has firm sitting stance then you can start potty training. Yes, you do not have to be very rigid with her, as in, expecting her to poo each time on the potty. For now, just introduce this habit of her sitting on the pot seat. Because kids do not have this much of patience to sit at one place for more than a few minutes. So, first develop the habit of sitting on the pot seat. First thing when she wakes up, make her sit on the pot. Even if she doesn't poo in it, she will develop the habit of sitting on it, and eventually, she will start dong poo in it. Your father's concern may be that the baby would find it difficult to walk with diaper on. And he wants you to her walk freely, her walking not being obstructed by the diaper.

Read more
VIP Member

17months old may be a little too early. Maybe your dad meant to remove the diaper so your girl is able to walk without the diaper disturbance. Secondly, it's also a good time to air the bum for ventilation. It will take some time into potty training. But slowly guide your girl that whenever she wants to pee/poo inform. Or the best stepping stone is they will usually inform after they made a mess. From there you are able to slowly guide them to inform BEFORE they made the mess.

Read more

Healthy children aren't physically and emotionally ready to start using a potty until they are between 18 months and three years old. Most parents start the training when their children are between two years and three years old