How early do you start buying baby items?

Will it be too early if i start buying baby items now? My edd is 20 April, which is 8-9 weeks away from now. And so far ive onlu bought the baby cot because it's on sale during the CNY period. I dont want to only start buying it a month before the edd, because it will be tiring since will need to spring clean the room and at the same time it will be fasting period as well. But i scared it's still early to buy it. Help me! Hahah

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can start buying already. 8-9 weeks will fly past quickly. You need to also wash and set up the equipment you buy - figuring out how to use them and where to position them in your house. Stroller Car seat Baby swaddles (do you want traditional swaddles or Velcro or zip type?) Diapers Baby clothes (diff types of clothes to figure out) Baby bath tub Baby fever patches in preparation for vaccination symptoms Baby thermometer Baby nail clipper Milk bottles and storage bags Syringe to collect your colostrum Breast pump and the different parts Baby detergent and dish washing liquid Wound management stuff - maternity pads, cooling pads, etc Breast feeding pillow Diaper changing station You can get some from carousell if you don’t mind secondhand to lower the cost. Else can monitor for 3.3 shopee or lazada sale for rebates and save money.

Read more
VIP Member

One of the best advice I got was to buy essential baby items before the third trimester when I wasn’t too big and heavy to walk around the house to pack and reorganise my storage spaces. That said, I think if you haven’t bought the essentials, do so now. Should you be buying bulkier items that require assembly, get your partner, friends or family members to help. I remember feeling quite out of breath in my third trimester. All the best!

Read more

Actually u dun need alot of things until later… like stroller,playmat, baby carrier. Diapers also was bot after baby’s born cos then will noe what size to get since they are relatively available to get from marts. Else u can just prepare a pack if just wanna be ready. Breast pumping equipments if u r breastfeeding … a couple of bottles for feeding. Baby’s bath equipment. Essentially will prepare things that bb needs on a daily basis

Read more

I started looking around for second hand items on carousell pretty early just a few months into pregnancy and some items are blessed by other mommies. You will be surprised at how much you can save! My thoughts are get all the bigger items first like cot, stroller, playmat if you intend to get, bathtub and then the smaller ones can come later like wipes and baby clothes etc..

Read more
VIP Member

I started buying a few sets of rompers, onesies & other basic items when we found out the baby’s gender at 20wks. Deal was, I’ll get the smaller items like these while hubby gets the bigger items like crib, stroller, tub, etc a mth before my EDD in May. Everything is available online so I just purchase them bit by bit.

Read more

I started with Stroller as it was on sale, my MIL bought the cot when I was 3 months. I started collecting hands me down around 5th month onwards. Those with expiry dates like wet wipes, body wash etc I’ll buy them probably 1-2 weeks before EDD. But it’s totally up to you ^^

8-9 weeks will pass by quickly. i started buying when I'm in my 7th months marking. my EDD is 11 April. so I suggest, you can start buying now, slowly. don't start too late, your body will be too tired and aching. you can start w stroller, cot, swaddle and such.

You can always start early to buy. I got mine ard 6-7 months into my pregnancy, since i need to clean them and arrange the stuffs. When your tummy becoming bigger, it’s harder to do those stuffs, and you will get tired quickly too. Plus all the backache.

Buy bit by bit, i started buying at 6 months. You can start to list down all the things first then plan out what can get at best deals. I grabbed items at good deals so there will be less worry! I Started with big things like baby cot, breast pump, etc.

I bought a few days before my baby was born. Lucky can go pick up instead of delivery. Bought stroller when baby was two months old. No choice. Baby born during circuit breaker. No pay... Barely survive previously. 😅 Glad everything has passed.