Buying baby essential at what month

This is my first pregnancy, im currently 22 weeks. I’ll be gg JB on my 23/24th week to recee some baby car seat, stroller, baby carrier, etc, like those big expensive items. Also planning to go baby fairs. Do you think its too early for me to buy those stuff during 6 months ? 😅 as i scared i wont have the energy @ 3rd trimester. But at the same time im always overthinking like what if i buy too early and touch wood something happen to my pregnancy 😣 What do you mummies think. When did you start buying baby items and is it too early if i start buying at 23 weeks or 6 months #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can get car seats (if you own a car), stroller and carrier (try not to get konny/JC kind cause those can only use for awhile, I’m personally using Ergobaby Omni 360, as of now at 17m still can use 😊). You can compare JB baby fair to shopee/lazada’s 6.6 sale to see which is cheaper. Those that have expiry dates, don’t stock up. (Body wash/lotions/detergents etc) Best if you can get samples to see if by then baby’s skin can accept. Bottles same too! Clothings wise, skip the 0-3m, they usually outgrow very fast for the first few months. Can consider 3-6/6months. I bought my stroller at first trimester cause it was on super sale 😂😂😂. Don’t overthink, stay positive, happy and eat well! 😊

Read more
12mo ago

Thanks mummy for the detailed suggestions! Really helpful!

Actually, since you'll be going to JB, I'll recommend you to buy 0-3 months because it's going to be cheaper! Most parents advise against buying 0-3 because baby grows very quickly, but I regret not getting them. My newborn was drowning in most of the clothes that I got. But of course, this is your own preference because it's just an aesthetic thing not essential. Other things would be baby cot, baby seat(if you have a car), stroller. I agree with the mummy above to get Ergobaby because it can be used even when baby has grown bigger.

Read more

I bought all the big items (car seat, stroller, carrier, cot etc) at 12 weeks! 🤭 You should do it while you still can walk around freely. Unless you’re okay with buying items online without feeling the quality. I initially also overthink but the joy of preparing for baby over rules that! :) Enjoy your shopping!

Read more

Can consider getting sleep suit/onesie with built-in booties and foldable mittens, less hassle.