Any tips for leg cramp? Currently 22 weeks and the cramps are getting more and more frequent.

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh yes, they are so painful. Avoid sitting or standing in one position for a long time. Move around. Try not to sit with your legs crossed. Go for walks regularly and drink plenty of fluids to keep your muscles hydrated. If you get cramps at night, take a bath before bed to relax leg muscles.

Read more

Hope you are taking your calcium pills regularly? Some studies link reduced levels of calcium in your blood during pregnancy to leg cramps. You should get 1,000 milligrams of calcium a day.

i read in an app.. it says that whenever you have the cramp, just pull your hallux (your big toe) as much as you can. I did that and it worked. . the pain goes away. try it.

In my case, i put on compression socks (suitable for pregnancy) during sleep. It helps to improve blood circulation. Hence, reduce the cramps, and swollen feet issues.

TapFluencer

Wear compression stockings and take in good or fruits contains high in vitamins D. Stretching or pregnancy yoga/pilates will be good too

TapFluencer

If it happens mostly when sleeping, try sleeping with one leg straight and the upper one blended. Bending both leads to cramps for me

Try stretching your calf muscles. Straighten your leg and gently flex your ankle and toes back toward your shins several times.

Try reduce your salt intake at night as according to my colleagues. Tried and it works for me.. Remember to take calcium too 😊

4y ago

Anu pong name ng calcium?pwedi po malaman? Kc hirap aq makatulog sa gabi kagaya ngaun😭

VIP Member

honestly, cramps is something together with pregnancy. what i do every night i lift my legs high up for 5mins.

VIP Member

Consume more milk and elevate ur legs with pillow when sleeping does alleviate the occurrence of leg cramps