Any tips for leg cramp? Currently 22 weeks and the cramps are getting more and more frequent.

33 Replies
Write a reply

Thank you ladies.. will try lift/elevate my legs.. Dont rem i was this bad when i was preg with #1 ..

4y ago

yeah... guess i am aging too haha

what i tried was wearing compression socks and i sleep slightly elevated. It helps with my bad leg cramps

honestly, cramps is something together with pregnancy. what i do every night i lift my legs high up for 5mins.

Try putting your leg on a pillow when you sleep at night. It helps to reduce cramp!

Try reduce your salt intake at night as according to my colleagues. Tried and it works for me.. Remember to take calcium too 😊

8mo ago

Anu pong name ng calcium?pwedi po malaman? Kc hirap aq makatulog sa gabi kagaya ngaun😭

Hope you are taking your calcium pills regularly? Some studies link reduced levels of calcium in your blood during pregnancy to leg cramps. You should get 1,000 milligrams of calcium a day.

Oh yes, they are so painful. Avoid sitting or standing in one position for a long time. Move around. Try not to sit with your legs crossed. Go for walks regularly and drink plenty of fluids to keep your muscles hydrated. If you get cramps at night, take a bath before bed to relax leg muscles.

Read more

Try stretching your calf muscles. Straighten your leg and gently flex your ankle and toes back toward your shins several times.

Super Mum

Consume more milk and elevate ur legs with pillow when sleeping does alleviate the occurrence of leg cramps

Point toes stretches, slightly elevate legs when sleeping