Leg cramps 2nd Trimester

Hello all, currently on 20 weeks just want to check with all of you for some help and direction,do any of you have very very frequent(it’s almost every night now) leg cramps in the middle of the night from 2nd trimester onwards. The frequency has increased so much from week 17 onwards, and it’s happening almost every night! Is this normal or an indication of something wrong? Each episode of cramp last less than a min. #pregnancy #FTM

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Omg same!! I will wake up in the middle of the night cause both legs felt super lethargic/cramp. Physiotherapist suggested to do some stretching before sleep. Wear compression socks at night only. You can also ask your husb to massage your legs upwards before sleep. Good luck!

I had a few episodes of calf cramps in the middle of the night and it is so painful! the calf will become damn hard and I would have to massage for the cramps to subside. try wearing compression socks and elevate your feet with pillow. can also do some stretching!

It’s normal. Just do a little stretching before heading to bed. When you stretch subconsciously while sleeping, try not to bend your feets too much (I did that for that short relief and regretted the next moment 🥲).

It’s normal during pregnancy! I experienced leg cramps quite often. So painful until I wake up from my sleep. It’ll go away on its on later in the pregnancy.

drink more water and rest your legs more.. however you can also wear compression socks

Normal. calve high compression socks will be one of your best companion.