This is my second marriage. No kids from first marriage. I often find myself thinking of my first Husband and wondering if things would have been different if we had children. Maybe we might still be together. Is it ok for me to feel like this?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

What happen had already happen. Doesn't mean you have kids, you may not divorce too. Maybe you divorce few years later instead. Now many people hold back for the kids, but while holding back, did both of you did something to save it and turn it back? If not it's just a matter of time when to settle down and separate from each other. I do quarrels with my husband, but the quarrels don't end without a solution, if a quarrel always end without a solution and just let it go, it'll always repeat. Use it as a lesson, to let the 2nd marriage to be better, there is nothing to feel ashamed of. In fact, many people leave even happier in 2nd marriage (if you found the right one, not the abusive type.)

Read more

I do think about my ex bf a lot although I am happily married now. Even my husband would sometimes wonder and asked me how my life would be if I had stayed on with my ex bf then. I think it's normal as humans are curious creatures. As long as this curiosity doesn't have a negative impact on your current marriage and you do not allow yourself to live in the past but take the past as a motivation to make your current marriage an even better one, I think it's fine. Perhaps find a common hobby with your husband and immerse yourself in new things to occupy your mind if these thoughts bothers you.

Read more

If you're still looking back to your past then maybe you're not happy or satisfied with your current relationship or you still have lingering regrets for that person. Try not to dive into the thought of what ifs since your present and future relationship holds a much brighter tomorrow. Try to talk to your current partner, maybe you're unsatisfied with something.

Read more

This is not very good for your current husband thing as past, happen had happen. If your first husband with you have a good life, why you choose divorce in the first place? This not fare to your second husband, if now you have a lovely life why still thinking the past. Enjoy your life now maybe this time you choose the correct guy?

Read more

It's very normal for you to think about your past. However, it has already a history and should not regret about your decision. Just move on and concentrate on current marriage. You can discuss with current husband on the baby planning and start working on it.

I think you gotta ask yourself what was the real reason or trigger that causes you to make that decision . Was it a moment of anger or something else ? I believe if the reason was strong enough you wouldn’t be bothered to look back . All the best .

It’s inevitable as humans to always think about what may have happened. The best thing you can do is to concentrate on your current marriage and be happy.

I think it's time for you to move on. Pointless to ponder about what will happen with you first husband coz nothing will come out of it.

looking back at the past will always haunt you and its unhealthy in your relationship !move on ...and focus on your relationship .

Looking back isnt good. Its the future that you shld be building and looking forward to with your current family