My husband is not helpful

Hi mummies, This is 4 the year of our marriage, both of us are working, we have 2 years s old kid too. My issue is my husband is not supporting me with household tasks. We both have busy and tiresome lives. But If we can share household tasks, at least I can have a little break. I feel worried and just remember old times before marriage, have you ever had days like mine? anyone has something to share with me 😌😌😌

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Youve got to speak with your husband and let him know to share load and be fair. We woman are not SUPERWOMAN. Whether we are SAHM or working mum, we have so much on our plate unless we get helping hands from helper or parents or in law, etc. If weekdays, there are days where you get tired then do little by little. Then on weekends, you both do it together so it can ease the load. Example he does vacuum, mopping, wipe windows then you can make the bed, cooking, laundry. When both are done, you can spend time with the little one. It helps one way or another. If he is not helping then when are you getting rest? I do get my husband where he is just tired working 6 days a week while I'm SAHM but then again I still push him to help me with simple task and those required climbing. If he is very lazy then I tell him to care for the elder one, while I settle everything. If he wants something in return, Ill say I'm tired 🤣🤪

Read more

For me, in this situation, I will just do my kid and my own chores while he can do his. No clean plates? No fresh clothings to wear? It will stay that way until you learn how to clean after yourself or hire a maid. I am your wife, not your maid, not your mum. Sometimes things needs to work both ways. Especially tired today? Let me know, I will do the dishes and handle the kids, no problem but it shouldn’t be an everyday thing unless I’m a SAHM. Don’t let anyone take your kindness and efforts for granted.

Read more