This is a question for single mums - or friends of single mums. As a single Mother to a toddler and solo breadwinner I find it hard to find time to meet men or go on dates. I tried Tinder but either people don't want to meet single mums or assume that it's for sex only. I don't want one night stands - while I am NOT looking to marry in a hurry, I don't want hook ups either. How do you find good men, single men - in the offline world? what do you do? I am not local so don't have a network of friends here :(

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'm a single mum too, and honestly I spent a lot of time trying to look for "the one" - but I realised that it isn't worth the time - for the exact reasons you mentioned! While I don't have recommendations or advice about where to find men, I'd like to suggest that you do things you love - and do things for yourself! Through whatever activities you do, you might just find your man somewhere :) Don't be on an active search to find him, but let him come to you because of who you are - that's how you can ensure you don't have to change anything because he already knows who you are as a person before you even date! In the meantime, just do what you love and love what you do - someday your man will come when you least expect it :)

Read more

Not sure if this is the same group that the others have mentioned, you can considering joining this: http://www.meetup.com/singleparents-519/ They seemed to organize meetups for single parents. Even if you don't meet someone suitable for dating, it is good to get in touch with other single parents and share with one another the challenges. Widening your social circle would definitely help increase the chances of meeting someone. I agree with joining a club or a class to meet people too. Will be good since you will be in a group with similar interest. Even better since you get to do something you enjoy. All the best!! :)

Read more

There is this closed Facebook group called Single Parents Singapore (SPSG). Perhaps you can request to join the group and see if they have meet ups or gatherings you can go to socialize, make friends and stuff. I have a few single moms friends who seem to have put dating on hold to concentrate on their child and career. Usually it's (pesky) friends like me and a few others who'd try to matchmake them with nice guys we know. Since you don't have a large network of friends yet, perhaps you can start from there -- I always find that meeting people through friends are easier because there's already an "in-built filter".

Read more

I guess, the best would be to join some activity. And do not hold yourself. If you do not like dancing, do not restrict yourself, and join it. Form of art that requires people to come in groups have the higher chances of letting you meet as many people, and you never know, you find your man here. https://kovla.com/blog/single-parents-need-communicate-8-convenient-places-meet-new-people/

Read more
TapFluencer

After a breakup, the best you can do is love yourself first. Spend time getting inside you and work on reconstructing yourself, your life, your life with your toddler. You’d be surprised as to how many things needs fixing and improving. As for love, best not to rush it. This will come at a time when you are ready and settled.

Read more

I have been going around in different jobs and make friends from there. I have been in a few relationships but it all ends just because their parents do not like their son to marry a single mom. There is this new group. SUper moms Singappre on FB.. you can try asking the other moms there too.

Join a club or activity like a salsa class, so you can make new friends. You should also join Fb groups created for Single parents like yourself, where some of the dads could also be in the same position, looking for companionship.

What happened to the Dad? unlikely you can really date without external help.

How about joining your friends for an outing.