How to quit smoking

Hi there. Mummies who were smokers before you got pregnant, how did y'all quit smoking during pregnancy? I'm still in my early stages and I find it so hard to just quit smoking. I've gradually decreased my smoking session though (max I'd smoke in a day would be 3 sticks) but I really wanna quit smoking totally. I wouldn't want anything to affect the foetus. Also , I have a toddler turning 2 at home so I don't want to affect his health as well. Although I know that it's all in god's hand if anything were to happen to my foetus , I still feel that I play a part in keeping this pregnancy healthy. Hope to hear some advises on how you guys kept away from smoking. Thanks!!

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy, I used to be a heavy smoker too, I think my first miscarriage was due to smoking (i waited 2 weeks to confirm my pregnancy, i was dumb to continue smoking) so once i found out that i was pregnant, i decided to stop but it was too late. I was in a very bad place after my miscarriage. depression, whatever you want to call it. continued smoking to cope with my stress/depression. for my 2nd pregnancy, Once I found out that I was 1 day late for my period, that's when I knew i have to stop smoking. I'd rather give up my ciggs and not give up on my baby. it was really hard at first but thank god for these sensitive nose. my senses rejected the smell. so now, I'm nicotine free. whenever my husband smoke, I tell him to smoke somewhere I can't see or smell him. you can do it mummy, 💪

Read more