How to quit smoking

Hi there. Mummies who were smokers before you got pregnant, how did y'all quit smoking during pregnancy? I'm still in my early stages and I find it so hard to just quit smoking. I've gradually decreased my smoking session though (max I'd smoke in a day would be 3 sticks) but I really wanna quit smoking totally. I wouldn't want anything to affect the foetus. Also , I have a toddler turning 2 at home so I don't want to affect his health as well. Although I know that it's all in god's hand if anything were to happen to my foetus , I still feel that I play a part in keeping this pregnancy healthy. Hope to hear some advises on how you guys kept away from smoking. Thanks!!

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

the day I found out I was pregnant again after my miscarriage I smoked my last stick and going strong for 3 months. Now I hate the smell of cigg. And if anyone smokes beside me the smoke triggers migraine for me now. it's all in our mind set dear. Anything for the safety and healthy baby. you can do it momma!

Read more

it took me 2mths to quit. I was a heavy smoker for the past 10 over years. I gradually decrease from 20sticks to 5 den 3 sticks per day. maintain the 3 sticks for a few days and went cold turkey. lots of temptation but it will past after 1 week or 2. keep yrself occupied n mind busy. you can do it:)

Read more

of course you play a part in keeping the pregnancy healthy. im a smoker too. once i found out i am pregnant. i had one last stick and i totally stopped. just like that. it is for the sake of your baby in you and also for the health of your young kid. mind over matter.

Read more

Hi Mummy, u will eventually stop smoking if u know that your baby are actually taking in every puff when u breath in. I did it by Cold turkey and my husband was amaze that I could do it. Btw I’m am a super heavy and 18years smoker before I realise I was pregnant.

I’m not a smoker but it must be really tough for you. I’m glad you are finding the support and making the decision to stop/reduce smoking. Your baby is so lucky to have you ❤️

Best solution is to go cold turkey.