SHOPPING SPREE!

Hi there! I'm currently at week 18, was wondering when should i start shopping for the little one? Also what are the necessary things i should get first? Hope to hear from all you experienced mamas ❤️

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Anytime you're comfortable but best when you've already know your baby's gender. I personally think the necessary differs from parents to parents. But this is mine. Baby clothes (don't buy alot of newborn size as they grow very fast), diapers (buy 2-3 packs newborn size, not too many as they size up really fast), booties and mittens (also don't need too many as you need to stop your NB from wearing these 1 day cos they need to explore their tiny fingers and toes), baby caps (if you want your baby to wear otherwise no need), swaddles, hand towels/burp towel (you'll need many of this), baby towels for bath time, baby lotions, toiletries, bath tub, breast pump, your nipple cream (you'll need this for sore, cracked nipples later on), wet wipes (alot, buy in cartons to save), baby cot/crib & mattress (the covers and all), baby carseat if you own a car, otherwise no need, stroller/pram (baby gets heavier day by day) or a babycarrier and a diaper bag (any kind, I got the cheap ones, small & big size as long as it has a good material and lasts long). All these are the necessary ones or hands me down will also do great! Don't need to unnecessarily buy so many stuff cos babies really grow up very fast.

Read more

Will strongly recommend you ask for hand me downs from friends or family first and then see what else remaining you need to buy. Some things no need brand new and can help save the earth by getting used stuff to be used. I got literally 95% of things from hand me downs (of cos check the condition) - breast pump, bath tub, crib, rocker, baby carrier, stroller, car seat, baby chair, clothes, etc. I only prolly need to spend on some diapers, breast pump parts and formula milk. Saved a lot of $! I’m 18 weeks too.

Read more
TapFluencer

U can start shopping after knowing the gender. Necessary things like bathing tub w stand would be better I feel as it’s difficult to squat to shower baby esp when one hand is needed to support the neck. Lots of swaddles n cloths n wet wipes. Try not to get whole set of bottles or whole truck of diapers becos not all brands suit every individual. 🤔

Read more

I'm 18W too! I'm waiting for 11.11 to buy stuff like breast pump, diapers, swaddles and car seat. Getting hand me downs/resells for sturdier/less intimate items like rocker, playpen, clothes etc.

Hi, you can head down to mummy’s market as they will be having Oct sales soon…. Do book a slot via their website as got crowd restrictions due to the COVID….

Lots of bibs, swaddler, diaper cream (desitin is gd), moisturiser(qv), mattress protector, mittens,