Shopping list for baby: are cot bumpers necessary?

Hi all, would like to seek some advice, please, as it’s my first baby and I am quite clueless. 1. Does anyone have a new baby shopping list to share? I drew one up, on my own, but I’m afraid of missing out buying stuff which the baby needs. 2. Are cot bumpers necessary? The one that is tied to the sides of the cot. If so, how many sets do I get? Not sure if I should get an extra set to change when baby’s spit up etc get on the existing set and I need to change it for washing. Thank you! #firsttimemom #pleasehelp #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I suggest you to get a diaper changing stand. For me,I felt that my waist is going to break with prolonged bending over to change diapers as I place my LO on the bed to change diaper. Just rmb to buy diapers,milk bottle if cases u are not going to be fully breast feed and if u want to give formula milk or mix,u can do research and decide on which brand u want to buy when nearer to date then buy the milk. nappy cream to prevent rash. shampoo and soap for baby bath tub small handkerchief to use during feeding FM or during bathing cotton buds,cotton balls,wet wipes a few zip up swaddle,a few hand mittens and socks. Hope my answer helps you :)

Read more
7mo ago

Thanks very much! The list is really helpful! :)

Hi mummy! I did purchased the cot bumper for my son.. i get 1 set only. But its up to u.. just think when they start to get active like roll around and all. For now still okay.. i only start putting at 8 months old then he pull it off so for safety reason i took it off.hahaha! So usually in the morning he will be on his rocker or playmat then only at night he will be in his babycot. They tend to get aggressive while sleeping so its a 50/50 thing tbh.

Read more
7mo ago

Thanks for the advice! I guess I’ll just get one set of bumpers too! Two sets is a little costly 😵‍💫

We only get one set of the cot bumpers to save cost

7mo ago

Thanks for the advice! I guess I’ll just get one set of bumpers too! Yeah I agree, two sets is just too costly…