Pregnancy shopping

I’m week 13 now… I was wondering if I should start shopping for the baby ? Is it too early? But what should I start with?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Up to you :) If you see something cute and feel like you wanna see bb in it, get it! Just go easy on the clothings as you don’t know how small or how big baby is gonna be and also, they outgrow their clothings really fast in the first few months. Apart from clothings, can get bath towels, handkerchiefs, bibs, few mittens/booties. (If you’re not particular, you can go for hand me downs for clothings.) You can wait for double digit sales online (Shopee, lazada etc etc). Research on strollers, sterilisers, cots… see what you like and whether the specs fits your liking and whether you think you’ll be using them. (I personally didn’t use the cot at all, have been cosleeping for easier access cause breastfeeding.) For those with expiry dates (eg soap, lotion etc), can buy them during your hospital stay or 1 - 2 weeks before EDD. The rest pretty much just buy along the way.. diapers can see if the one provided by hospital is suitable for your bb then stock up. (Most hospital uses Huggies naturemade)

Read more

Any recommendations on the brands and items?

1y ago

I’m using: (Newborn days) Diapers (Huggies naturemade/Merries) Diaper cream (Sudocrem, just in case of rash) Baby wipes (Einmilk/Hoppi/Bebeen) Lotion & body wash (Cetaphil) Ruyee oil Collapsible bath tub (Shopee/Taobao) Laundry detergent and softener (Kodomo blue newborn and small pink softener) Liquid cleanser (Kodomo) Oral wipes (NUK), alternatively use cotton balls (pigeon) and warm water. Handkerchiefs to use for burping and shower Waterproof mat (Shopee, using Babylove) Bath towel (Mothercare’s sucks) https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=619805529860 Stroller (Keenz Air 2.0) Carrier (Ergobaby Omni 360) Steriliser (Haenim 3G) I don’t use cot so can’t advise. Clothings: FB live (Babyippie), Taobao, SHEIN. I’m doing exclusive pumping so: Bottles (Avent natural, do get size 0 teats from Kiddy palace or shopee. The one that comes with the bottle is size 1.) It varies for individuals and personal preference. Above is what I used for my nb and still using now >12mo. While buying i