Thomson Medical or Mount A

Hi All can't decide if I should go Thomson Medical or Mount A? What do your think?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'm also deciding for both as well. Went for the hospital tour for both and realized that mount A cannot choose the new room for single ward. The older room looks kinda creepy imo... And their price difference is not a lot to even think twice of getting the new room for single ward instead. But sadly cannot choose. Have to subject to availability during date of admission. Thomson is like hotel experience. More commercial and modern-looking while Mt A its more homely feel. Thomson price is like cray recently 🙄 Personally prefer Thomson'S room than suey suey kenna the old room single ward in Mt A 😂

Read more

just gave birth at Mount A. managed to get a single room (: Mount A is a catholic hospital so i’m not sure if that could be one point of appeal as your baby can get a blessing there. Nurses are very helpful and Mount A is PRO breastfeeding too, so if you’re into that, you’re at the right place. The lactation consultants come check in from 2nd day onwards and there’s a parent craft workshop that teaches breastfeeding, diaper changing and showering techniques for you.

Read more

Go for the hospital tours to decide. I chose Mt A as my doc is there, I had my first at Mt A too. Prefer it to TMC because of parking, more spacious, peaceful & quiet. But take note there are some construction works going on due to expansion, can't really hear from my gynae clinic though. They are building new block with new rooms, should be ready next year.

Read more

I also can't decide. Anyone knows if let say we opted for normal delivery but needs to do emergency csect. Will both hospitals charge $ for both normal delivery and csect?

VIP Member

Delivered at TMC and the experience was great; nurses were friendly and helpful. Haven’t been to Mt. A so I cannot comment on it.

Mount A. They won’t charge both normal and emergency c sec if eventually you need to be e c-sec. they will only charge one

Hi, Please join their tours. This will actually give you the idea and hence you will be able to decide as well

Mount A. The environment is so pleasant and the nurse is so nice. Thomson parking is so hard too!

VIP Member

you can try any of it for 1st child, later 2nd child try another one, like me 😁

Hey, I would suggest you take hospital tours and then decide which one to go for