12 Replies

Bring her out for a day filled with activities instead! I find that kids nowadays are too occupied with all things materialistic and forget what the outdoor activities can bring them. My daughter LOVES going to Adventure Cove and is constantly asking me to bring her there everyday since I brought her during her birthday 2 years ago. Kidszania has also just opened up so you might want to consider there too. Or you could bring her to the zoo - kids' all time favourite place! There's an mini outdoor waterpark in it too so your kid can splash around to beat the heat if you bring extra clothes. I personally find that these makes extra special memories because it would be much more memorable than simply just giving a gift that he/she may not like or already have.

The 3-year-old on your holiday list is ready to explore with all of his senses. She's able to sit and play with one toy for an extended period of time and then tell you when she's through. That's why it's important to provide her with a variety of playthings that help her develop different skills through play. Example would be eginAgain Butterfly A-Z Puzzle BeginAgain Toys has introduced a line of retro-style products made from rubberwood. Its Butterfly A-Z Puzzle ($23) is both handcrafted and hand-painted and designed to teach kids the alphabet.

Is your child showing a particular interest or budding talent in something? For example, she loves dancing then you can gift her with ballet classes or take her to ballet recital/show. Or you could take her to a show that is generally popular with kids like Disney on Ice. I feel that gifting your child with an experience will be very meaningful and exciting for a 3 year old :)

How about a cute little backpack that she can carry her own stuff in when she goes out with mummy and daddy? http://www.binkyboppy.com/brands/stephen-joseph/sidekick-backpacks.html If not, an art and craft set (crayons, colour pencils etc) would be nice too!

Plan a little picnic outing to the Children's Playground at Gardens by the Bay, Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Adventure Playground, Jacob Ballas Children Garden... it's more memorable when the "gift" allows them to explore their different senses. Have fun!

I prefer to gift experience such as a trip to the zoo, a musical, indoor playground, kidszania, etc. It will leave a more memorable experience for them rather than toys that they tend to play for a while and put aside.

You could bring her for a play/musical! There was once when I brought my daughter to watch "The Little Red Hen", she loved that musical so much that she couldn't stop reading the book and singing the songs they sung!

VIP Member

bring sum wer adventures....like Zoo, Safari, Wild wild wet, Universal studio 4 ur child 2 experience...plzz capture lotzzz of pic ya so datt next time, u can share.

That’s always a tough question. I just buy more books because I don’t think it’s possible to ever have enough of those :) But maybe tickets to the Zoo?

Try gauging her interest. If she enjoys book in her play time then why not give her new set of books again.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles