How can I get my son to burp???

My son is having so much difficulty burping post milk, what do I do, its driving me insane struggling to get him to burp 😭😭 He struggles so so so so much bcus he cant seem to burp but once we successfully burp him, he is so much more comfortable. After trying >20min and there is not burp, we lay him back down to sleep but all we get will be an hour of sleep before he starts fussing needing to burp.... When will this end viscious burping end 😵‍💫

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can try to seat up right the baby, either try patting or rubbing with light touch instead of hard at the back or bottom, you can do "bicycle" technic when massaging baby tummy, avoid letting baby swallowing too much air when feeding, feed in small portions. Do not force baby to burp after a long time because sometimes they can pass it through other areas like fart (passing fart).

Read more
2y ago

You can try other technic for burping otherwise, you can consult doctor. Because it can cause stomach discomfort if prolong not burping and it can be constant vomitting or when they want to sleep it is uncomfortable. Hopefully it helps you Mummy ❤

How do you burp your baby? Can try different position. Sometimes I also can’t get any burp from sitting and patting so I put over my shoulder and pat, that usually works better.

VIP Member

Check out this article, it might help. https://sg.theasianparent.com/burping-your-baby/