Feeding and burping

I'm feeling so demoralised every time it's time for feeding. My newborn used to be very easy to feed and burp, but at ard 1 week old, he has been very prone to colic. Now, it takes longer to burp him. He struggles, screams, and cries, turns red, and it's so difficult to burp him when he is like this. He also guzzles down milk so quickly, which is also a reason for the gas. My parents are caring for him while I recover, and they are able to handle him. In between recovering and pumping sessions, I have tried feeding him a few times, but every time, it leaves me frustrated and demoralised that I can not handle him during feeding sessions but when my parents step in, he is handled so well😔 It makes me fear having to be in my own once confinement ends. #firsttimemom #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you using the smallest teat? Actually i personally stopped burping my baby after a few days cause I can burp her for 30 mins straight and she still won’t burp. What I did was to feed her, stay in the same position for 5-10 mins, then lay her into tummy time position if she’s still awake. If she’s asleep, I’ll just let her be until she whine. Once she whines, I’ll lay her straight up and she will burp on her own. Use ridwind drops & do baby massages. We have all been there, we are still learning so don’t feel demoralised. It’s normal to feel frustrated but trust me, it will get better once you get the hang of it. I was so annoyed, frustrated, upset during my confinement as I was super lack of sleep, minimal help from the husband and I had to pump. Constant unnecessary worrying of how to handle baby alone after my hub’s PL ends landed me to many sleepless nights and tears. I worried for nothing. It’s actually all manageable that I even managed to do some housework in between. So don’t worry about what’s gonna happen, take one step at a time. You can do it 💪🏻😊

Read more