Sometimes I feel that I don't have a social life anymore. I live away from home because my husband is from Iloilo and all my friends are in Manila, so it's hard for me to meet up with them because we only go home for a vacation once every quarter. And when we go home, I prefer staying at home with my baby and parents. Do you sometimes feel this way too? The feeling that you want to go out but it's just so hard to leave your baby.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

We share the same sentiment. I used to live in Cebu and moved to Cagayan de Oro after getting married. I had 0 friends and 0 relatives here. I found out that there was a local mommy group here. I attended their pocket activities and eventually gained mommy friends. Now, I go out with other mommy friends and tagging along our babies. It's a refreshing and assuring feeling that I have gained mommy friends who share and can relate with what I'm going through. You could definitely say,"Wow! I'm definitely not alone." And everytime we get back to Cebu, I make sure that I squeeze in some of my time to meet my friends. Makes me feel as if I never left Cebu.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

That's what I need here, to find a local mommy group. Thanks Mommy :)