Stay at home mom is not easy

Stay at home mum (SAHM) depression... the elephant in the room nobody talks about. I mean, how dare you complain after being gifted this opportunity to stay at home and raise your own kids? But it's not that simple: of course we SAHM's are grateful to stay home and raise our young but that it's literally all we become. No one talks about the isolation. No one talks about the loss of identity. No one talks about the loneliness. No one talks about losing your sense of self. No one talks about how you had to give up your career because it's cheaper for you to stay home. No one talks about how you cry in the shower because your day was overwhelming. No one understands why you're tired. No one understands why you're irritable. No one understands why you need a mental break. No one understands why you're so aggravated with your kids. No one understands why after you've been home all day, the house is a wreck still. No one understands why you just need 5 minutes with no one speaking to or touching you. No one understands why you've lost your sex drive. No one understands why you're completely and utterly exhausted, after all, you just sit at home all day. No one understands the feeling you have when you are told you don't have a "real job." Most of us were working women at one point. We got to go to a job and interact with other adults outside our home. We contributed financially to our household. (Shoot, most of us want some kind of side hustle or part time job because it would sure help with financial relief.) We didn't feel like an endless maid. We got that break away (even though yes, work is a love/ hate relationship) that gives you space from the people you live with (children, spouse, etc.) because yes, every relationship needs time away in it to not go crazy being around each other 24/7. That's not healthy. Contrary to popular belief – you need a break daily. I can't tell you how many women I meet or know that say "oh, you have too much time on your hands," I sure wish I could stay home, I wouldn't complain." Good for you! I can guarantee you will change your mind 6 months in, unless you're wealthy and have money to constantly go do things. I once was you. I wished upon a star I could stay home with my kids because I wanted to spend all the time I could. I didn't realise what all came with being a SAHM. Oh but you chose to have those kids. You should've thought about that before having them. If you didn't want to go through all this you should've never had kids. And you said you want more? Seriously... Heard those all before. Next time you hear or see a SAHM venting her frustrations, listen and make her feel like she's somebody. That her struggles are not invalid. Thanks to @momma’s tired page for shedding light on depression and voicing the challenges many mums face. For being honest because for many, this is a typical week. If this is you mamma , please reach out and seek help to ease your pain if even a little. You are not alone. ? VIRTUAL SUPPORT FOR MUMS ? p.s. so grateful for our mum ? club β™₯️

Stay at home mom is not easy
19 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Super true. Being SAHM is never an easy job. But yes, it is both tiring and fulfilling at the same time. Pagod ka na agad makita mo lang ung mga kelangan ligpitin pero napapawi agad pag nakikita mo ung anak mo. My son is just 3 mos old. And I know there is much more worst things to happen later on with his growing life. Gaya ng pag marunong na syang magkalat ng laruan o mahuhulog sa sahig ung kinakain. There will be more and more. Pero masaya pa rin na nakikita ko syang lumalaki. Na alam kong di naman ako magsisisi dahil nawitness ko ung mga little improvements nya which is nakakasaya ng puso.

Magbasa pa

ako palagala ako i mean gsto ko lage may ginagawa adventurous akong tao. ng wowork dn ako sa corporate world. but found out na preggy ako na stop lahat un. na lessen ung mga alis ko mas inisip ko baby ko pro khit asa bahay ako haha malikot paren ako ng iingat nlng. goodluck saateng mga first time mommies and kaya naten to lahat ng mommies. mwah love you alll

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Sad but true πŸ˜•πŸ˜’ It helps me to think that my worth is not measured by what other people think of me but how happy I make my kids and hubby. The struggle is real everyday... But bear in mind momsh its not selfish to love yourself a little more each day just to keep you sane πŸ˜‰

Magbasa pa

yes ! super di madali.. masaya nman tayo dahil naaalagaan natin ng sakto mga anak natin pero yung sariling mong happiness din tlga ay nasasacrifice. worth it nman coz it's for your family. Simple appreciation will make all our efforts well payed off. 😊

i feel it too!! as in nowadays.. im so depressed feeling ko pang hanggang dto nlng tlga ako pero everytime na makikita ko mga kids ko na wlang mag aalaga naaawa naman ako.. kaya i choose to be a SAHM nalang.

gusto ko maging SAHM πŸ˜‘ kaso hindi sapat ang kinikita ng husband ko para sa mga needs ng bata. Sana sana ipagakaloob ni Lord na maalagaan ko mga babies ko, hanggat kailangan nila ako β˜ΊοΈπŸ™

definitely not easy..,pero habang nalaki sya at nakikita ko ung mga ngiti ng baby ko,Masasabi ko talaga na worth it lahat ng sacrifices at paghihirap as a new mom..

yes, it's not easy but it's all worth it seeing your little one every single minute of the dayπŸ’•

true. umiiyak ako lagi everytime na mag isa lng ako sa bahay. nakakalungkot.

Waah! Teary eyed while reading this!!! 😒😒😒