Feeling more nausea means a girl?

Some people believe that more severe morning sickness indicates that the baby will be born female. The reasoning is that women carrying girls have high levels of hormones, which worsens morning sickness, while women carrying boys have less nausea because hormone levels are lower. Is this true?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure if that's the case actually. I think how each mum responds to hormonal changes is just different. I'm expecting a girl and I have almost no nausea and no vomiting throughout my pregnancy (I'm 36 weeks now). The only nausea I got was from motion sickness but that's also sporadic. One friend who delivered a girl also didn't have morning sickness. Another friend who's also expecting a girl had her morning sickness a lot worse. She threw up 4-5 times a day. Hers also persisted longer than first tri.

Read more

I had no morning sickness or nausea when pregnant with my baby girl. Jz vomitted once or twice at midnite and that's it. My sil however had a really bad one and got a baby girl 🤷🏻‍♀️

VIP Member

not true. i also thought the same thing too. bad2 morning sickness. 24weeks now. sometimes still feeling nausea every sgl day. And I'm having a boy. 😅

VIP Member

Not necessary I'm expecting a boy and I has terrible MS. Lost weight and a normal cough can trigger vomiting... it only got slightly better mid 2nd trimester.

VIP Member

nope not true. cause i have two girls and i have no morning sickness at all. its all based on individual pregnancy

Not true. I’m having a girl and don’t have morning sickness at all 🙂

Not true! I’m expecting a boy and had bad morning sickness till week 16!

Nothing like that I had a very severe nausea but I delivered baby boy

Not true. I had baby girl but didnt experience any morning sickness

VIP Member

Ive a boy and not that bad nausea. Didnt have good appetite though