married but feeling like a single mom

So I'm married now since 2013 nd we have 3 kids together but I feel like a single mom I must do everything myslf even thou right now we having a lock down in south africa due to the virus I really thought I wud have help but I'm told by my husband that he is on leave its his time to rest when he normally goes to work once he gets home his on his phone or playing on the playstation or watching movies I can ask him just to check on the two girls he will tell me no or I ask him just to watch the baby he will play with her when he feels like it even it's just to hold her or his always not feeling well dec last year I fell from the stairs nd injured my back he didnt want to help me he rather complained instead he fights with me so much I feel like he has been abusing me verbally and emotionally I've tried to speak to him about it but he says it's not I'm just lazy nd not understanding but i do so much make sure there is clean cloths and they ironed see to the kids bath them and dress them myslf his parents have seen his attitude but they doing nothing about this I feel so lost and dont know where to turn now I need advise please There is no use in going to the police either he listens to no one he is always right

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Sorry to hear about it. ? Are u working or stay at home mom? If u feel exhausted, can u hire nanny or helper to assist you? Or your mom / mil ?

Read more
4y ago

I understand your tiredness and stresses. Now you have this idea to put your 3rd child in your own birth mom’s. She can help to tc while u will be working in future. U also can start putting now n try to manage n see how it works. Cos your 1st & 2nd kid will be in school. Ideally you can bring baby to mom’s place too if u stay v near n if u are free. She can help to tc 3rd kid at the moment while u have a small nap. Then depends who is fetching 1st n 2nd kid n see which kid end school earlier or same timing. You can play around with the timing if u need a small nap or break. Let your own birth mom know. Discuss together. Yes I hope it will help you with my little idea. Ideas n example - - first n second kid in school ( 3rd kid at mom’s n you will be working in future , fetch 2nd kid to your mom’s place n pick up 3rd baby n go home together ) ( no working currently- you n 3rd kid can go to mom’s place now, you can nap 1-2 hr , more refresh n less stress , pick up 2nd kid g