sis in law

My sis in law tends to kiss my 2 mnths old baby on the cheeks with her lips despite telling her countless of time to not do that. Sometimes she'll even kiss with lipstick on. Am i being overprotective to not let her kiss with her lips??

40 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No, you’re not being overprotective! It’s actually dangerous to kiss babies, especially on the lips. Will it help if you show her articles / facts that it’s bad for baby?

For the sake of ur baby, STOP HER at all cost. Its super dangerous for infants to be kissed on the lips. All sorts of deadly bacteria can pass on to ur baby.

From what I saw a news that a baby died due to people who have dirty mouth kissed a baby face and caused some kind of bateria.

not over protective i dont let anyone who uses lipstick to kiss my baby too !! afraid theyll get rashes frm the cosmetic

No your not. It’s normal for mums to be like that You should politely tell her to kiss your LO W/O her lipstick

It’s ur baby !!! U not comfy so tell ur sil nicely not to do tat anymore or take ur baby away fr her..

it is your right to tell her not to kiss your baby. who is she to kiss your baby anyway, she is just an aunt.

3y ago

I agree! But...how to tell SIL off without coming across as rude? I find it quite hard, I probably won't know how to respond there and then to SIL when I see her kissing my baby. And all I can do is complain angrily to husband after that but he most likely also won't dare to say anything to SIL after. Sigh 😒.

No it’s better not to let people kiss babies on the lips. High chance of spreading diseases.

Is she kissing on the lips or cheeks? If on cheeks just wipe it off using a good wet wipe

VIP Member

Maybe you can tell your sil nicely not to do that or ask your husband to tell her...