Should I teach my child competition or collaboration -which is more important?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would say both. Collaboration will teach your child to work as a team, while competition will teach about survival and how to achieve the best. For collaboration, teach your child how to interact with others and work together in a team, instead of trying to do everything in one's own way. For competition, teach your child how to set goals and work hard to achieve them. For both the situations, the idea should be to do the best possible, instead of trying to hurt someone else and do good.

Read more

Both are important. You have to teach your child that to achieve something you need to strive for it and that comes in the form of competition. Also you have to explain the benefits of healthy competition. Collaboration is equally important because he/she will at some point have to work as a team and he/she should possess the ability to work with others without difficulty.

Read more

I think collaboration is more important than competition. At the end of the day, humans are social beings. It doesn't hurt to be compassionate towards each other. If a child learns how to collaborate with others to accomplish a task, there is no room for breeding hatred and jealousy that comes with competition.

Read more

collaboration. as in competition there's tendency to hurt in order to win.