Music class

Should you force your child to keep going to music lessons/enrichment classes if they don't want to anymore?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

No. It doesn't matter what classes they are, but if your child tells you they don't want to go anymore (and the reason why), you shouldn't force them to go anymore - or at least not until you find another teacher/different class (if it's something about the class that bothers them). If you do, you're simply telling your child that "I know you're uncomfortable but I'm not going to do anything about it". As a result, you could be indirectly telling your child that their opinion doesn't matter, or that telling you things doesn't make a difference - resulting in them closing up from you and not wanting to share anything in the future, especially when they feel uncomfortable with things they're doing.

Read more

Yes, I would send my child for sometime because at times what happens is that child doesn't actually know whether he wants to learn it or not. It may be that initially child doesn't like it because he is doing something new apart from his routine and he doesn't want to break his routine. But it is only after following something for a considerable time, we get to know that we like a particular thing or not. So, I would like to send my kid for a considerable time or a set point and then if I would see that he still isn't into it then I would withdraw him and of course will not force.

Read more

Look no one wants to make their child do something they don’t want to do, but your child needs to build extra curriculars if they are going to differentiate themselves from today’s competitive field. I suggest making deals with them such as if they practice for twenty minutes they get a reward. Try to reframe the experience so it is viewed in a more positive light.

Read more

No, I won't force the child to attend if he has no interest. From young age, it's good to expose them to a variety of different classes, sports or languages, not force them to attend. It will just kill their interest in that class.

No, I wouldn't. Because if the child has no interest in going, he will not learn anything from it. Rather there will be everyday of tantrums and discord between the child and me.

para sakin hindi ko i foforce yung anak ko mas gisto ko pang mag susuport nlng ko kung ano ang mas gusto nya para nanmn hindi ka ma blame pagkatapos..

Hi, If they are not interested better to not push them for the music class, as then the chances of learning are very less

Don’t force if they don’t like. Otherwise they may reject future classes or don’t like to learn anything.

If they're not interested better not to push them to go. Instead ask them what do they want .

Sis, you need to consider also the interest of your child. Let him choose what makes him happy.