Would i be overwhelming my child by sending him to enrichment class (Music Class, Gym Class ) at such a young age?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think exposure to music lessons are good since it is something that requires expert guidance. However, if your child does not appear to enjoy a particular instrument, it may be good to try different ones to find one that interest him/her naturally. With regard to gym, I think while it is good for the development of a baby's motor skills, many of the activities could also be accomplished through play. Still, I have friends who have sent their babies for such classes and found it fun and enjoyable for their bubs. They feel that the activities also helped promote social interaction with other children. In all, I feel that as long as your child is not feeling stressed out from these lessons, some of the options may turn out to be unique experiences for a child and will make his/her childhood fun and interesting. :)

Read more

Young babies' classes are normally parent accompanied. I feel these classes are good for parent and child bonding and if your baby enjoys during the class, why not? My daugther joined Kindermusik class since 6 months old until she turns 2 years old. She truly enjoyed herself during the class and I also enjoyed myself bonding with her. After the class, we always switch on the music we used during the class and bond together: singing, dancing, and playing musical instruments. For rightbrain class, my daugther joined both shichida and Heguru for certain period. They are parent-accompanied classes too. We used the materials to practise at home and my girl likes it. You can observe your child and if she/he doesn't enjoy the classes, you should try to delay until she/he is much older then resume.

Read more

My daughter started Kindermusik at 5 months too and she loved it! Then again, she was always an active baby so it worked out for us. After her first class was when she started vocalising and making sounds! Coincidence or not, I think the class was more helpful than it was overwhelming (of course at some point in that first class, she did get sleepy and fussy). I guess just not too many classes at a time? Try 1 first and see what your child's response is. If he doesn't like it, try another one! If that still doesn't work, then maybe you can say that he's too young.

Read more

Depending on how old your child is, it is advisable not to overwhelming him with classes. Depending on his age, you could send him to a kindergarten and expose him to things such as music, drama, performing, exercising so on and so forth at a later age. For kids as well as adults, interest and passion is key to not grow tired of possible hobbies.

Read more

Kids love music and classes are designed to be age appropriate so for younger ones it's adult accompanied, for toddlers it's adukt accompanied and some of them even have fun activities so restless toddlers can move around. I wouldn't worry about it being too early. Some people even expose their kids to music in their womb!

Read more

I would say one class at a time for now. Don't overwhelm your child by sending them too much enrichment. after all childhood is all about playing right?

thanks