Hi my 10 yo girl is short by age. And I am worry this will eventually affect her self esteem. What can I do?

Short Girl Height

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think there's nothing wrong with being short! It doesn't really matter, but what you could help with is probably to guide her when she feels that way :) Throughout my childhood (even until now), my parents have always been the ones making snide remarks at how ugly or fat I was - it doesn't help when my peers were doing the same at school and it caused a big scar because I didn't get the support I thought I had from my parents. She probably hasn't been through the full puberty yet, so don't worry too much about it!

Read more
5y ago

That's great, don't worry too much - as long as she's happy and active :)

Dear mum, Kids generally takes things sometimes too seriously which might affect their self esteem. I would suggest discuss with him that this is really not an issue. You can may be share with him the stories of the people who are short in height and still did so many great things . This will boost her moral

Read more
5y ago

Thank you so much for your valuable encouragement suggestions

Is too young to determine whether will your daughter remain short. Different people have different puberty period. Maybe you can give her a glass of milk every night before sleep. It might helps in growing and a good night sleep for her too!

5y ago

Thank you so much ! I guess she must have slept too little during baby to toddler days. She is a light sleeper. Hopefully things will be better

TapFluencer

You won't be able to tell how tall your child will be until they hit puberty and their height depends mostly on genetics. Although food does complement your child's nutrition, it won't really change their potential height.

I was short by age when I was a kid too but puberty changed everything so 10years old is still too young to worry about that! Anyway, on the positive side there’s pros to being petite and cute too :)

5y ago

Thank you. Hopefully she will gain some weight & height soon!

hard to determine now..as she haven't reach puberty..and height is something you cant worry about since its in the genes...as long as shes healthy! thats the most important! :)

5y ago

Thank you! Hopefully she will be able to gain weight & height soon. Health is key important!

There is nothing wrong being short, especially as your child is a girl. Dont worry to much about it and celebrate other wonderful and positive traits of your child.

5y ago

Thank you for your positive encouragement. 😊

she can try playing netball. anyway, short is fine. petite and adorable.

Take up swimming. It happened to my son. He is now 6 feet 2 inches tall.

VIP Member

There’s vitamins or chinese supplements (tien qi) that you can try. ☺️