What age do u let kids share room/ bunk bed sleeping?

I’m considering to let my younger 3 yo kid share w 8 yo. But would worry the younger one will affect sleeping habits..

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it’s ok for them to sleep together. The younger sibling may get used to sleeping alone faster with older sibling in the same room. I used to sleep with my sister from when I was 6 and she was 3 in the same room till when I was 15. We survived despite the fact that I was a loud sleeper and snored a lot. Sometimes she will even pinch my nose when I’m too loud and once, she used a clothes pin to clip on my nose but I didn’t know until she giggled and I was woken up by her giggle. She would also talk in her sleep sometimes when she fell asleep before I could and keep me up cos I was already having difficulty falling asleep. So all’s fair and square - we disturb each other. We used to chat until both of us fall asleep if we had trouble sleeping. It’s all part and parcel of being siblings which is a very special experience that children from one-child families won’t get to experience, so why take that away from your children? If they’re of different gender, I would probably suggest to separate them by the time your older child is 13-14 years old as your older child would need and want some privacy.

Read more
VIP Member

Maybe wait till your child turns 4,just my personal opinion (:

I think it's okay to sleep with their siblings at that age.

TapFluencer

I started when my no. 2 turns 1.

TapFluencer

Mine have always slept together

VIP Member

Should be ok