Can share what hobby you have especially if you have a new born ? Feel that I have sacrifice a lot of my time to my new born and I do wish I have some personal time of my own to do meaningful stuffs.

38 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you like writing, maybe you start writing in a journal? It could be about anything. Some moms write about their feelings on motherhoods, obsevations about their baby, short stories, poems or even random notes. Another idea I like is to write a journal for baby. In the journal, you write as if you are talking to baby -- kindda like short letters to baby, daily. You can present this collection of "letters" to your child when he or she grows up, for his or her 18th birthday, or even as a wedding present. I think this is a super meaningful hobby that will fill up your time whenever you do have time to yourself and at the same time, it will benefit your child when he or she grows up :)

Read more
Super Mum

Same here. It can easily become overwhelming if you don't give yourself some personal time. During mat leave I sometimes leave baby home with my parents so I can have a short date with hubby, watch movie, eat something nice. When baby already sleeps I can watch Netflix or play games. I used to crochet also, its very meditative and relaxing.

Read more

I spend time ranting the insanities on TAP whatsapp support group and offer support for mummies too. Planning and going for play dates. FB bookie. Watching dramas with volume down to the low. Planning family getaway with baby before weaning starts.

Read more

I read Dayre when I’m pumping! Pumping n baby naptime are probably the only time I have some personal time! You’ll get used to it, my friend! Just take it as spending more time with them while they are still at this cuddly stage! ❤️

Having children actually makes me motivated to upgrade myself and earn more money. I now spend my time planning for the future. For leisure, I also like to shop online for the best diaper deals, and watch loads of Korean dramas. =)

Go out for a hair washand good head massage near the neighborhood.. Clears the mind, have a short ME time. If not watch toggle in thier variety show. Meaningful and always something to learn.

Super Mum

I watch korean dramas, and got to play the guitar a bit. I plan to start studying a bit soon.. haha

VIP Member

I watch YouTube videos after baby sleeps. Reading parenting books became a hobby for me too!

Super Mum

I hope I be able to crochet after I give birth. I want to make many nice things for her.

VIP Member

Hi... when my child was young, I spend as much time as possible with him. No spare time