Seriously I duno why my husband get more and more dumb and I super hate him now. He can argue with me that he is right that he use a dirty pail which I used to soak dirt out from the washing machine and said that he use detergent to clean and use it to withdraw water from the baby bath tub and said that he don't want waste water. I angry and told him not to use that dirty pail and he keep argue back and said that it's clean and he wash it, my son had eczema and I don't want it to affect his skin lo~ am I wrong?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Does he withdraw the bathtub water often for baby? If it's one off incident, can explain to him the importance of different pail as it will be more hygienic. Some guys are quite clueless in this as they might know what the current pail is for. To them a pail's purpose is to just fetch water and nothing else. To make things more clear and direct, use the baby tub to fetch water directly and no contact with dirty pail when it comes to bathing water. My MIL also have hygiene issue. She can go hospital and thought she don't have to bathe because she feel that since she bathe before she went out so no need to bathe, she can even say no need to wash the clothes cos she just wear a short while only. I am not even a hygiene freak but it's common sense that hospital is full of germs how can don't bathe. I even have to ask her to bathe seriously... Luckily her son didn't inherit this and always first thing goes bathe when he come back home.

Read more

Actually, I think it is related to upbringing not common sense. My pils use one cloth for everything from wipe table, floor, cupboard, shoes and hand after washing. They used same pail of water that soak clothes for days and pour into washing machine to wash the same load of clothes to save water. His clothes always got a smell which I don't understand why until I see how his family wash clothes. One pail for washing window, throwing all kind of rubbish to soak meat/veg for cooking. My Husband used to do that and took me 9 years to correct him. Until now he still don't understand why I got 3 different clothes/pail for different part of house as his mother used the same cloth/pail for everything for years.

Read more
7y ago

Same~ I keep telling him I need different pail for different things, I even bought small pails for him to wash soaks and got myself a pails for my undergarments and one more pail for him to soak his clothes if needed and he complain toilet got so many pails, haiz , it's so simple and need to tell so many times, he used to help me wash my clothes and undergarments until I saw he wash his with mine and his soaks, I told him not to help me wash ever again ~

Most men are like this. Sometimes I also think why is my husband so stupid, common sense things like hygiene matters or daily stuffs he can forget or do wrongly. But this is most men's way of thinking. Try to think of his good points for e.g. When he repairs something or when he plans the finance etc

Read more

I think he is just trying his best. He did not mean any harm. Sometimes we moms tend to be very careful. Whereas men are different. Don't be too hard on him. Tell him thank you and try to explain nicely.

7y ago

He ask me to go and ask people around regarding this matter.... I've many replied even guy said that the water will be contaminated ~

VIP Member

Usually we woman are more sentisive to such things and think broader. Whereas men, just think simple. Ignore him.draw the water yourself and leave the dirty water aside for floor cleaning

7y ago

Then I say him already he still not Happy and ask me to pour the water myself, so so not gentleman