Hi! Is it safe to do gelish manicure and traditional pedicure when I'm still breastfeeding my 4 month old? Going back to work and hoping for a pampering session for myself, but not sure if this will affect breast milk?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Jenny, there are many schools of thoughts for this. Older generations will definitely say, cannot do mani and pedi coz of the polish smell or the toxic etc. I went ahead to get it done coz my PD said no connection with bf. It boils down to ur comfort level. Breastmilk is what we eat and drink coz it has direct impact on our bm. We dont consume nail polish or purposely went to smell the bottle of nail polish so I personally felt it is fine. I even went to colour my hair too.

Read more

If by any chance nail polish fumes are harmful. The fumes itself. Fumes will not go into the breast milk. I have many friends who still goes ahead with manicure without any issues. I wouldnt worry too much about it. Till date, I personally have not heard of any cases of nail polish being harmful to mums who breastfeed. Have fun with your Mani.

Read more

Well, this shouldn't affect breastmilk in any case at all. It doesn't involves anything which goes into our bloodstream and I personally thinks it is ok. Myself, I enjoy gelish manicure and pedicure too and does it almost every month. Am still breastfeeeding my 8 mths old baby and so far he is doing great.

Read more

it ok to do gelish manicure or pedicure. i did during pregnancy and also breastfeeding. i believe it will bot affect breastmilk . after birth and taking care ur LO. i think it good to pamper ourself. our mood good. ur babe mood also will be good too. hahhaha

I did mine both during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I total breastfed for 2 years I can't imagine if I can't do gelish!! It's very important for mummy to feel good and look good. Go ahead and do please~

Personally I think so long as nothing goes into the blood stream, it should be fine. I do that every 2 mths even when I'm breastfeeding baby.

Doesn't affect breastmilk but just make sure Lo isn't with you when you're doing it.. Not too good for them to breathe the chemical fumes in.

Yupz. It is. I did mine for baby's full month. N u don't have to pump n dump . I even permed my hair recently. It's ok.

VIP Member

Bf shall b ok. Prior delivery may not b advisable as it may hinder e device that clip on our finger

VIP Member

I did it multiple times while breastfeeding ;)