I am currently still bf my lo who is 4 mths plus old can I do manicure n pedicure or even dye my hair?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I believe it is actually pretty safe to do manicure, pedicure and dye hair during breastfeeding. I also dye my hair but I don't do manicure because I need to handle baby a lot. I am worried if my nail polish suddenly chip. But of course you can do gel polish which is less likely to chip but still have to be careful. That's the reason why I don't do manicure. A few sacrifices for our baby won't hurt. Pedicure and hair dye is fine though so go ahead and indulge!

Read more
8y ago

Thanks mummy...

Yes can. These are very surface stuff and doesn't get into our system on such a ligh level to be able to cross the blood stream. Some people for convenience may even choose to do gel mani n pedi as it's less likely to chip

Hey, I think should be fine. Just get good quality hair dye as it has fumes. Also, it will be good to refresh and rejuvenate yourself

Id say yes, afterall manicure wont go in our bm and dying our hair wont either. Dont worey about it, go ahead and have a blast.

8y ago

Yes you should do that. It will help rejuvenate you not much but a little at least :)

VIP Member

Yes i did all these treatment even when i was breastfeeding. Even pregnant now, i still continue to do these treatments

Of course. Really there is no need to ever have stopped doing either of these when pregnant or breast feeding.

VIP Member

Should be fine.. Though some may say the fumes from the hair dye may be breathe in by baby when u bf

VIP Member

I think mani & pedi is fine but my hairstylist told me not to dye my hair till i stop bfing..

Coloring your hair is safe during both pregnancy and breastfeeding.

VIP Member

It should be fine.☺️ Pamper yourself Mama, you deserve it!