lo savings

Recently my mil has taken interest in my lo savings. She wanted to open a savings acc with my lo. Which i then rebuted saying my lo alrdy has one. Then she suggested open an acc with her aunt (her daughter). Which i find ???. She said she saved x amt (which i think she just pluck a number to mke it sound waaa) for my lo alrdy. I feel that is she has she need not tell us or even have the need to open an acc cus my lo doesnt have the ability to do anything with it. She cn just open an acc under her name and shush abt it. Plus to my knowledge joint acc has to be with a parent. How would u guys feel? I personally feel she lack trust on me cus if not she would have alrdy gave me the money to keep it in MY lo savings acc thats alrdy there.. Also what cn i say nicely to her to suggest that idc if she has that savings?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Better not. Money is very sensitive. Besides no reason to share acc with anyone else. What if someone said needs money for emergency use for some excuses. Lo’s money will be gone too? You never know what will happen. Just say nicely, you already have. lo’s joint acc only can be parent especially for school/medical use. (Baby bonus acc) And also once put it in, the money also can’t be withdraw/transfer back. ( maybe you can use this as a reason? ) if she wants to deposit, either she can save it in her own acc first or to baby’s bonus acc? If it’s normal joining acc. Just say you only need 1 which is baby bonus acc? If not will be confusing with many accs.

Read more
Super Mum

Ouch. That’s not a very nice thing to hear. My LO’s joint account is with me, but my in laws know I won’t touch the money, so they just credit money into that account when they want to give my LO money. If they really don’t trust you, then you can suggest to your MIL that her son and your LO can make the joint account, or she can wait till your LO is an adult, before she gives the money.

Read more

Never EVER agree to that. You mil is trying to use your baby. So whatever money baby gets, she gets. And she will always try to prove that she/daughter is better than you either nicely or blatantly. Your baby's personal things are yours, not an outsiders'. You can tell her no, this is your kid, and you have every right to manage your kid now. Personal savings is personal.

Read more

Weird leh... i think better not. In future it might lead to complications such as who the money belong to etc. Just nicely reject, say no need to have so many accts..

Just ignore her. Don't deposit money into that account.