Recently I heard a saying of babies will sleep through the night at 4 months onwards. If after 4 months and they still wake up for milk, it is already a habit and hard to break this habit. How true it is? My boy who is 11 months old still wakes up 1-2 times every night and I truly believe my boy will eventually sleep through the night when the time comes.. Appreciate you can share your experience when your LO STTN?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

for my firstborn, my husband n i were v protective and anxious whenever she cried. We would rush to her when she woke up at night or whenever she whined a little. This resulted my firstborn to have the reinforcement that she cries, parents will come effect. A bit of manipulation there. It took her around 16 mths for her to be able to sleep through the night without any feeding in between. For my secondborn, we were smarter. When he cried or whined, we stood further to watch him. The cries didnt last more than 5 mins. He was able to sleep through at 3 mths old. At 5 mths, he would still whine or cry a little but then soothed himself back to sleep. the trick now is, offer water after ur 11 mths cried for milk. give him the signal that at night no milk milk. Also, dont jump up immediately when he cried unless he is not safe. Close your eyes and pretend to sleep. It will break his momentum.

Read more
8y ago

wish I can do that, letting him whine or cry for a few mins before picking him up. been trying to implement this method so that baby can be trained, however my in laws will take matters into their own hands. now my baby will scream and yell to make sure his demands are met, he is only 29days old.

I dreamfed my baby kapag gabi. Hindi ko na sya hinihintay humingi ng dede, basta half awake sya pinapadede ko na para tuloy tuloy ang dede nya. Engage your child in an activity kapag pagabi na so medyo pagod sya at mas hihimbing tulog nya.Wag mo n sya ptulugin pg 5pm na.. keep him awake.. Wear comfortable clothes din and make sure comfortable dn ung temperature at ambiance ng kwarto. Ginawa ko yan nung 2months na yung baby ko and he sleeps well at night na since then. Hope this helps.

Read more

Hi Joycelene, my boy STTN when he's 5 months old. He is exclusively breastfed and takes 4 feeds in the day (every 4h). He soothes (suck on his fingers) himself to sleep when he wakes up in the middle of the night because we started him on sleep training at 4MO. Does your boy sleep on his own or do you nurse/ carry him to sleep? If so, he will continue waking up not because he needs to feed but because he needs you to help him get back to sleep.

Read more

My little girl break such habit when she is 2 years plus. Probably because breast milk was drying. We had a talk (told her milk milk spoil already) . She understood and from than on she stopped waking up in the middle of the night. Sometimes I feel so guilty as she tell me "I want to see milk milk" after I lift up my clothes "sorry milk milk".

Read more

Maybe you can consider tanking your baby before his official bedtime? Alot of mommies do this and apparently and this method does help baby sleep through the night, or at least keep him full for longer than usual. If it's comfort suckling that he needs, even though it's not ideal, maybe you can consider a pacifier? It is a lifesaver indeed!

Read more

At 4 mths old, there is sleep regression. U may want to read that up. Cause not all babies sleep thru the night. Mine doesnt and he is now 4mths old. Basically he is still waking up every 3-4hrs during the night for milk.

ung lo ko after 3mnths nya d n sya nng-gsng ng midnight for milk 5 or 6am lng ang gcng nya kya sobrang thankful ako kc aga nya nsny s gnun routine ngaun 8mnths n sya☺️

Close to a year of age , and I found giving him a full bottle of mind just before sleep made that happen

Jus have to follow ur lo routine, if they r comfortable, I believe they will sttn.

Mine is eight months but he wakes up now and again 😭