My son is 5.5 months old and wakes up 3-4 times at night. Will introducing solids help him sleep through the night?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe this will work out for u as well. Have a routine for ur baby. Feed him more before going to bed. Monitor the feeding time and bed time. Let say bed time na pag 9pm dapat madami syang nadede bago matulog. Then after 4hrs khit di pa sya na gigising pa dedehin mo na ulit, another 4 hrs dede ulit. Para ung tulog nya dere derecho. O Kaya observe mo ilang oras ba sya bago magising after mo pa dedehin, from that ikaw mag set ng time Kung anong schedule ng dede nya. Wag mo na po antayin umiyak basta Alam mo na dapat ay nadede na sya pa dedehin mo na. Kasi pag inaantay mo na magising doon magsisimula na mamuyat sya sa Gabi. Make that a routine at hindi ka pupuyatin ni baby sa gabi.

Read more

No body knows the secret formula to make a baby sleep through the night. Babies take at least a year for the proper development of their sleep cycles. That said, solids do make babies sleep for a longer time as they keep their tummies full. Try it and you will come to know.

If your baby is breastfeeding then child might be hungry Coz bm is more diluted than fm. I intro cereals with bm/fm when my bb was 5 mths old. Her last feed was cereal with milk on her night feed. That reduced her night waking and able to sleep better.

2y ago

Hi hi.. my baby turning 5 months soon. I also thought of feeding her cereals soon but people say start at 6 months only. How’s your baby doing so far when feeding at 5 months? And what kind of cereal do you feed your baby?

Yes in case of my daughter but not through the night. Your son may wake up a time or 2 in between. My daughter used to wake up 3 to 4 times but after introducing solids when she turned 6 months she sleeps for longer than before.

thanks

Feed him fruit puree he's ready for solids

Feed him well before sleep