Recently I have been terminated by my company. Mostly because I'm exclusive pumping mum and always back home on time. Company didn't tell me the main reason but I can guess. I feel very sad and insecure for unforeseen future. I can feel my hubby is stressful because he is the only bread winner. Soon I will be stay at home mum. My LO only 9month old and I think for my situation now hard to find a new job as well. As I still need to exclusively pumping for every 3-4 hours(my supply is low). Due to breastfeeding, I have scarified lots. I'm being emotional and almost depression. While I see my baby I think what I did is worth it but when I'm alone I feel sad. I can't do what I want to do now. I cant talk to my boss now to secure my job as my time and energy are limited. How should I think in order to make myself feel better?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey mummy, first of all - just wanted to say that you're doing an amazing job! I was an exclusively pumping mum since day 1, for about 10 months - so I felt obliged to reply to you :) While I wasn't a working mum at that time, I was studying so I guess I could relate - but instead of having to give up on my studies, I gave up on breastfeeding instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging you to do so - but I just couldn't manage both at the same time, especially when it came to assignment deadlines and examinations. I'd say you should take the opportunity to get some time for yourself - I know it might sound ridiculous, but you need to give yourself some credit and some alone time to just relax. Stress is a contributing factor to milk supply, so if you don't get that in check then you probably would end up affecting the amount of milk you produce - and that'll start a vicious cycle between worrying and affecting about milk supply! When it comes to income, just do what you can to help out - there are many options you can explore, but you don't have to feel guilty about it because you're looking after your child too :) Here's my breastfeeding story, if it helps in any way - and if you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to reach me through my blog or even just searching for my username on social media! https://www.dearlittleones.com/single-post/2018/08/02/My-Breastfeeding-Story-Hakuna-Ma-Tatas

Read more

Look at it this way, now you are feeling stress from both work and being the best mummy you can for your baby. Your time and energy has to be divided between all these different aspects of your life and it will undoubtedly discount your effort since you will likely feel like you cannot put in your best for all. Soon, you can focus on just attending to your child, which seemed to me to be your top priority too. You may feel happier in the long run since you will be able to witness your baby's development. With regard to the finances, sit down with your hubby and work out what lifestyle changes could be implemented. List out the fixed expenditures and work from there. Take it as a time to recharge, and then work from there. There may be part-time or freelancing job opportunities. Most importantly, you will have the chance to find an arrangement that will best suit for your family. Take care mummy!

Read more

I find the best method to handle a situation like this is to first take care of yourself. Whether it is working out, or listening to music. Create a positive space for yourself first. Eat well (lots of green vegetables), sleep well and drink lots of water. Then remember that you're not alone - you have family and friends to confide in. Speak to your loved ones and share your feelings. Speaking about your problems may help you come up with solutions them as when you are to truly define a problem, are you able to develop a solution for it. Hope this helps!

Read more

You can’t expect your boss to be sympathetic. It’s a business and not a charity. If you need to spend time pumping, then I suggest you put in more time at the office and explain to your boss that you are either eating lunch at your desk or clocking in 1 hour extra every day at work to compensate for the loss of time to the organisation. You can’t expect the best of Both worlds - not fair to the company

Read more

it is ok to pump milk. you won't have problem looking for job. just go ahead and apply job. i dont see that as a reason in many company. jia you.

Read more