Recently I have been terminated by my company. Mostly because I'm exclusive pumping mum and always back home on time. Company didn't tell me the main reason but I can guess. I feel very sad and insecure for unforeseen future. I can feel my hubby is stressful because he is the only bread winner. Soon I will be stay at home mum. My LO only 9month old and I think for my situation now hard to find a new job as well. As I still need to exclusively pumping for every 3-4 hours(my supply is low). Due to breastfeeding, I have scarified lots. I'm being emotional and almost depression. While I see my baby I think what I did is worth it but when I'm alone I feel sad. I can't do what I want to do now. I cant talk to my boss now to secure my job as my time and energy are limited. How should I think in order to make myself feel better?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Look at it this way, now you are feeling stress from both work and being the best mummy you can for your baby. Your time and energy has to be divided between all these different aspects of your life and it will undoubtedly discount your effort since you will likely feel like you cannot put in your best for all. Soon, you can focus on just attending to your child, which seemed to me to be your top priority too. You may feel happier in the long run since you will be able to witness your baby's development. With regard to the finances, sit down with your hubby and work out what lifestyle changes could be implemented. List out the fixed expenditures and work from there. Take it as a time to recharge, and then work from there. There may be part-time or freelancing job opportunities. Most importantly, you will have the chance to find an arrangement that will best suit for your family. Take care mummy!

Read more