Spouse’s family not scared of covid

Really wanna get smth off my chest that has been bothering me since covid reached our shores. My spouse’s family regularly gathers at their parents’ house for meals. At max it’s a freaking 16 pax in total including the siblings’ family. The thing is my fam can’t really avoid them cuz the in-laws take care of my child. And i’ve been reminding them about the consequences, be it contracting covid/ getting heavily fined but it’s just falling on deaf ears. So now with covid cases getting higher & higher, i feel more and more paranoid because some of them are in front line services and they have kids attending schools. Everyday i fear that one of them might bring the virus back (and also they seem to like going out to eat) and we won’t be able to escape the covid cuz my in-law is in close freq contact with my child. I feel they are compromising not just their own fam, but the safety of others yet i don’t know what else I can do. I can’t call up authorities myself to “harm” them & obviously I’ll also be implicated for smth I didn’t want to be a part of. Don’t think i can live guilt-free even if they didn’t found out it was me. Yet i kept fearing every single day what if we contract covid through them it’s driving me mad…

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If any of them contract Covid and authorities contact trace everyone will be implicated. My in laws are the same (but not 16, I don't know why your neighbours haven't complained them yet), my husband doesn't have this top of his mind either, but once I sound out that "hey no that's illegal" or "can you check who else is going so we dun go above the limit", thankfully he'll be all "oh yeah hor". The brain is just set up differently grrr. I'm pregnant, he's a civil servant so ignoring the fact that it's a huge risk to me, I am also worried if we get implicated he may lose his job. I'd raised before too when I arrived to realise we are above the limit, but everyone's just "oh yeah hor". 🤬 If it is an unsafe environment are you able to find alternative care? The current explosion in cases and some recent close calls is instilling fear in them so they have stopped any gatherings thankfully.

Read more

sigh that’s a horrible thing to have to go through :( let us know where it is we report anonymously for you!!