should i tell my husband that... i once dated his brother?

Really need some serious advice, and maybe a glass of wine (or two) So, I've been married to my amazing husband for almost 5 years now, and things are fantastic. But there's a secret I've been holding onto... Before we met, I actually dated his brother, for about a year. It was a really positive experience, and it ended amicably before I met my husband. Here's the plot twist: The ex-or-brother-in-law has always lived abroad, but guess who just came home two weeks ago? Yep, you guessed it! My ex-boyfriend is back in town! (or is it my brother-in-law is back in town? cryyyyyy). And even though I'm head-over-heels for my husband, there's no denying my ex is still... well... kinda cute. Now, the question is even trickier - should I tell my husband about my past relationship with his brother? I'm worried it might make things awkward, or even worse, plant a seed of doubt. On the other hand, I believe in honesty, and I don't want any secrets lingering between us. please help me #seriouslyasking #relationship #advice

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

From a man's perspective, I think you should inform your husband. Rather than letting your brother-in-law sharing it with your husband, I think it is better for you to let him know first. It may be earth-shaking for your husband, this took place before you met your husband, and I believe it will take some time for him to rationalize it. And to be sure: you really did not know that they were siblings, till your brother-in-law came back. So: attribute it to fate. Honestly, I hope this is a troll story. Otherwise I would advise you to seek professional's help... you shared you have an amazing husband, yet you hold thoughts/feelings to your brother-in-law; no right frame-of-mind would hold that "cute" thoughts or emotions when you have an amazing husband.

Read more