What should I do now?🫢

I'm 30, F, been married for a year. Earlier this month, my hubby and I had a chat and we decided to start TTC. We had done the deed on 9 June and today 27 June I tested positive! (btw this Clearblue looks a bit diff as I got it in Italy on holiday last week) We're happy yet surprised that it was a one shot wonder😅 But super worried at the same time... What should I do now? Should I test weekly, leading up to Wk 7/8 before seeing the gynae? What are some things I die die cannot do to lessen the chances of a miscarriage at this point? I'm also feeling very guilty as I've been drinking a glass of wine/beer/cocktail for every meal during my 3-wk holiday😭🤦🏻‍♀️ Thanks to all experienced pros for your advice!🙏🏼

What should I do now?🫢
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on your positive pregnancy test! It's great news that you were successful in conceiving. Here are some steps you can take now that you're pregnant: 1. **Consult with a Gynecologist**: Schedule an appointment with a gynecologist to confirm the pregnancy and receive proper prenatal care. They will guide you on what to expect during your pregnancy journey. 2. **Prenatal Vitamins**: Start taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid to support the healthy development of your baby. It's important for the baby's neural tube development. 3. **Healthy Lifestyle Choices**: Avoid smoking, alcohol, and any recreational drugs. Aim for a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Stay hydrated and get regular exercise, unless advised otherwise by your healthcare provider. 4. **Limit Caffeine Intake**: Reduce your caffeine intake to a moderate level, as excessive caffeine can potentially harm your pregnancy. 5. **Avoid Certain Foods**: Stay away from raw or undercooked seafood, unpasteurized dairy, deli meats, and certain types of fish high in mercury to minimize the risk of foodborne illnesses. 6. **Stay Hydrated**: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. 7. **Mental Well-being**: Take care of your mental health by reducing stress as much as possible. Consider relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises. 8. **Regular Check-ups**: Follow-up with regular prenatal check-ups as recommended by your healthcare provider. These appointments are crucial for monitoring the health of both you and your baby. 9. **Address Drinking Concerns**: If you have concerns about your alcohol intake during your holiday, discuss this openly with your healthcare provider. They can provide guidance on how to proceed and any potential risk factors. Remember, every pregnancy is unique, and it's essential to work closely with your healthcare provider to ensure a healthy and safe pregnancy. If you have any specific concerns or questions, don't hesitate to discuss them with your doctor. Enjoy this exciting time and take care of yourself and your growing baby! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Start taking folic acid if you haven't started, 400mcg-1mg per day is good enough I think, you could do some google and reading. Strongly agree to avoid raw food (beef steak, sashimi, etc), caffeine, salad or cut fruits from outside (salad and fruits must be washed very thoroughly before eating), and chinese herbs (especially danggui). Stop the alcohol from now onwards since you now know that you're pregnant. Don't worry bout those alcohol consumption previously too if your body is good at processing alcohol, it differs from person to person. This app has a great function to check what food is safe to eat, and just keep googling before you eat to see if the food is safe for pregnancy, soon you'll be more confident of your choices! As for gynae, I suggest to continue doing the home test after 2 days (maybe you could use the non-digital one now, save some cost hehe) just to double confirm. Then talk with a friend or two who have given birth and whether they recommend their gynae and decide on one. Call up the gynae and they will advise you when your appointment will be, usually around week 6-8 week. I wish you all the best for your pregnancy! 😊

Read more

Congratulations! First and foremost, you have to relax yourself. Don't overthink. I know that this will be a new experience for you, bit deal with ot 1 day at a time. Yes, it is good to ask and learn from other moms, but remember that every pregnancy is different. Eat everything in moderation, specially sweets and salty foods to prevent GD and HB. Drink more water if you are not used to be. Hoping for a smooth pregnancy for you! All the best! 💕

Read more

I don't think need to test weekly. Decide on a gynae and set appointment and avoid any heavy lifting. continue to take folic acid and if you have any bleeding, do immediately go to your gynae! (I had bleeding at week 6, even before my first gynae appt). I think good to watch your food intake as well... no alcohol, raw food etc.

Read more

Congrats! Start with making gynae appt, they get pretty booked. They won’t see u until week 7/8, but in the meantime u can always call the clinic for advice or questions.

start taking folic acid. can wait until week 7/8 then see a gynae because if its too early it will just be an empty sac and you need go down and do a repeated scan

Avoid: - raw food - onsen / hot bath - caffeine If you have been exercising regularly before pregnancy, ok to continue. If you don’t, stop for the time being.

Read more
3mo ago

but thank you for the advice💕🙏🏼

No more alcohol pls. First trimester major organs are forming Less caffeine. Baby is so hard to come by. Reduce walking, more bed rest.

Read more

Avoid all the raw food and reduce on caffeine. Best to consume pasteurized milk, fruit juices too.

💕