Is it really necessary to wait for everyone to have food or one should have food whenever one feels hungry?

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Haha I usually just eat first if I'm hungry and if it's a normal day. Most of us have separate schedules anyways. But if it's a scheduled dinner or a special occasion, I will wait for everyone. I can get quite hangry (hungry+angry) so if I have to wait for everyone, then I'd prepare a small snack just in case (like a bag of peanuts or some dried fruits).

Read more
VIP Member

if ure at home with ur own family... u xan eats as and when u like. but if hubs around for dinner, its always nice to eat together.. or if ure out with family and mil or relative... its okay to wait when all food is serve.. unless ure pregnant and or or really hungry. go ahead and dig in. it doesnt matter

Read more
VIP Member

nope, it's better to eat when you feel hungry specially when you if you have Ulcer.. but if you're with other family members or relatives then we have to wait for them. just make sure that you have biscuits in your bag or, be tge one to prepare the food so that you can taste it without them knowing 😂

Read more

Usually after preparing food, i will straight away clean up the mess..and my husband would wait for me to eat together although I already told him to eat first with my daughter..But, he will wait up until I am sitting in the dining..

In our parent's house, we always set the table around the same time everyday but we don't wait for everyone to be sitted to eat. My parents tho they always wait for each other to eat together :)

VIP Member

Old Fashion time Yes. They eat together. My time, no. everyone comes home different timing. Gonna die hunger if start to wait for each other. But, we will take the time and effort to eat together during the week ends.

i think there's no law about when we should eat. so, yes you should eat when you hungry or anytime you want. i mean, why wait for everyone? each of us have different level of hungriness bah kan haha

It depends, can wait to eat together if it’s reasonable time waiting, but if have to wait for very long time, I don’t think any problem to eat alone first.

Not necessary. That gesture is nice but it depends on each other's schedules as well. Still, I make time for family bonding through meals as much as I can

Atleast once a day keep a habit if having food when all r present together. It creates a strong bond and even kids learn to replicate same in future